Therapeutic Moving and Handling
This training is directed towards care-givers who have to transfer and move clients. We demonstrate specific easy to learn interventions in order to keep clients and residents safe and well when moving them. Our therapists look at equipment available to assist care-givers and how to use this equipment safely and efficiently
We will be teaching basic rehabilitation techniques to ensure that moving and handling is provided in the most effective way for your client group. Incorrect moving and handling of clients can cause pain, hinder physical improvement and even trigger a decline in functional abilities. Poor manual handling techniques are also the cause of back injuries for care-givers. Preventative guidelines are part of this module.
Techniques are simple, straightforward and will be comprehensively demonstrated in order promote best practice.
Other Training Sessions
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- Seating and Posture for improved function
- Strategies for maintaining and improving everyday abilities
- Upper limb management following a Stroke or Acquired Brain Injury
- Therapeutic moving and handling
- Cognitive strategies to support independence
- Reducing falls when supporting independence
- Keeping elderly residents fit and healthy with exercise.