Strategies for Maintaining and Improving Everyday Abilities
In this session we will be teaching the strategies for keeping a client as Independent as possible and thus preventing deterioration of abilities in the longer term. The session will focus on Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s). Client’s who have a neurological condition will struggle with washing themselves, dressing themselves as well as other aspects of their personal care, such as shaving or applying make-up.
This training session will focus on teaching the strategies to compensate for their physical restrictions, including ways to manage with one hand whilst taking care of the hemiplegic side of their body. This is a very practical session which will enable the care-giver to learn simple steps to promote independence in everday activities.
Other Training Sessions
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- Seating and Posture for improved function
- Strategies for maintaining and improving everyday abilities
- Upper limb management
- Safe moving and handling
- Cognitive strategies to support independence
- Reducing falls when supporting independence
- Keeping elderly residents fit and healthy with exercise.