Safe Moving and Handling
This training is directed towards care-givers who have to transfer and move clients who present with a neurological condition. Clients who have had a stroke or a brain injury, who have Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease are amongst a large group of people who require specific easy to learn interventions in order to keep them safe and well.
We will be teaching basic rehabilitation techniques to ensure that moving and handling is provided in the most effective way for this client group. Incorrect moving and handling of neurologically impaired clients can cause pain, hinder neurological recovery and even trigger a decline in functional abilities. Techniques are simple, straightforward and will be comprehensively demonstrated in order promote best practice.
Other Training Sessions
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- Seating and Posture for improved function
- Strategies for maintaining and improving everyday abilities
- Upper limb management
- Safe moving and handling
- Cognitive strategies to support independence
- Reducing falls when supporting independence
- Keeping elderly residents fit and healthy with exercise.