Current Training Sessions
The current programme we offer is outlined below, based upon areas we have identified as a general need on the Isle of Wight. We can, however, tailor the content to suit your organisation as this is not an exhaustive list. Our training is dynamic, interactive and practical. We know that to learn, information must be provided in short chunks with lots of examples and scenario discussions.
Our Island Rehabilitation Practice training sessions are 2 hours in length and facilitated by 2 practitioners. Training consists of 50% information giving and 50% practical exercises. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for their portfolios which will demonstrate their commitment to life-long learning and assist with their career development.
Examples of Training Offered by IRP
- Introduction to rehabilitation
- Seating and Posture for improved function
- Strategies for maintaining and improving everyday abilities
- Upper limb management following a Stroke or Acquired Brain Injury
- Therapeutic moving and handling
- Cognitive strategies to support independence
- Reducing falls when supporting independence
- Keeping elderly residents fit and healthy with exercise.